To create critical thinking, globally aware students who possess the intellectual skills, civic values, and content knowledge to fully participate and lead in a democratic and increasingly interconnected international community.
- All students have the right to a well-rounded education that includes intentional Social Studies Instruction.
- Exposure to Social Studies content and skills provides students with the opportunity to develop literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills needed to function and thrive in today’s world.
- Social Studies provides the opportunity for students to see the world through perspectives that are often underrepresented.
- Social Studies provides a window to the world that students in our school community may not have access to visit in person.
- All students should enjoy Social Studies instruction, that is:
- Meaningful and connected to both standards and students’ strengths, needs and interests
- Integrated and tied to concepts and standards
- Values-Based in order to grow civic participation
- Challenging and encouraging students’ inquiry
- Active and Engaging (Intellectual discourse and Problem-Solving)