Parent and Family Resources - Talking to Children About Violence
In the wake of recent, tragic, and violent events happening in schools and other public places across our country, WS/FCS Student Services has put together a list of trusted, reputable resources for WS/FCS families and staff. We encourage parents to talk openly with students and use these resources as guidance. Students may also talk with Student Support Staff at their school who are available to listen and help them work through their feelings.
Trusted Resources for Parents, Educators, and Community Following a Violent Act
Community Offered Resources
***For information only. These resources are not endorsed by WS/FCS.
- How schools can foster resiliency
- Once I was very scared - picture book for younger students
- Responding to School Violence: Tips for Administrators
- Behavioral Health Resources
- Partners Health Management 24/7 Hotline 1-888-235-4673 and Resources
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline
Support for loss and grief
School Health Alliance for Forsyth County
To schedule an appointment at one of our school-based health centers or clinics, please call us at 336-703-4273. We have counselors and medical providers that are here to support and talk with you.