Hello! My name is Tomiah Andring and I am the full-time school social worker for Clemmons Middle School. I was born in Washington State and a dedicated Seahawk fan! I went to Western Washington University for undergraduate school and received my Bachelors of Arts in Human Services in 2013. I received my Masters in Social Work in 2019 from the University of Washington. I have been working in human services for 10 years. My first social work career was as a licensed chemical dependency counselor and I have a Masters Certificate in Addiction Studies. As a licensed chemical dependency counselor, I work with adults and teens, but this is where my passion for working with adolescents developed, as I led youth intensive outpatient groups for teens using alcohol and/or substances. As my career has grown, I have gained experience as a school social worker in various districts, hospital settings, and as a clinical in-home therapist. I have lived in North Carolina for 3.5 years (moved for my husband's job) and have loved my time here so far. I have a wild 2-year-old that keeps me busy when I am not at work and a wonderful and sassy corgi named Paisley.
Why Contact the School Social Worker?
- Attendance and Truancy
- Community Referrals and Resources (food, clothing, holiday assistance, healthcare, etc.)
- Mental health consultation and referral
- Social and Emotional skill building (individual and group)
- Bridge to the classroom by connecting parents to teachers
- Consultation on how to advocate for your child's needs at school
- Concerns about child abuse/neglect/ mandating reporting
- Alternative school options (homebound services, home school, virtual school, etc.)