On February 16th, Kindergarten enrollment will be in the school's media center. Anyone that is brand new to school and not in our system will register online; this could take about 30 to 50 minutes depending on their computer skills. Computers will be set up for your use. If the student is in PreK and already in our system, they will fill out a paper packet to register, this may take them 20 to 30 minutes.Documents Needed:
State law requires every child entering public schools in North Carolina for the first time to receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed N.C. Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. N.C. Health Assessment Forms are also available at Forsyth County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Forsyth County Health Department.
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate.
- Proof of your Forsyth County address, which must be one of the following:
- The current water, gas, or electric bill in the parent's name. This cannot be more than 30 days old.
- A deed to a home or a lease of an apartment with a Forsyth County address and residence in the home or apartment.
- An automobile registration form with a Forsyth County address.
- Listing a Forsyth County address with an employer or another document verifying that an employer has transferred an employee to Forsyth County from another location or that the employer has hired the parent as a new employee and the parent is relocating to Forsyth County.
- Documentation of receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or other public assistance at a Forsyth County address.
- In the absence of all other documentation, a document verifying that the parent, legal guardian or caretaker is living on a permanent basis with someone else:
- That is signed by the owner of the house or the lessee of the apartment;
- That is signed by the parent, guardian or caretaker; and
- That is notarized.
- A government issued photo ID of the parent or legal guardian.
- Your child's immunization records.
Last Modified on February 3, 2023