Welcome to Morgan Elementary!
3210 Village Point Drive
Clemmons, NC 27012
School Hours: 7:55am - 2:25pm (Early Release Days end at 12:25pm)
Office Hours: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Principal - Lisa Davis - email@example.com
Assistant Principal - Ross McNeil - firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructional Facilitator - Kelly Ryan - email@example.com
School Nurse - Krista Lawson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting Started at Morgan Elementary
- New students can enroll using the online registration form at the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools District website.
- Review the MES Family/Student Handook
- Set up your PowerSchool Parent Portal to access student grades, attendance, test results, grade history and more.
- New PowerSchool Account request instructions can be found here.
- Set up your MySchoolBucks account to pay online for school meals, classroom fees, and more.
- Apply for Free/Reduced Meals.
- Set up your Class Dojo account and download the app to receive daily notifications about upcoming activities and events, bus changes, and stay in touch with your student's teacher.
- Check out some options in the community for after-school care; many include transportation from school!
- Check out the school supply list for your student.
Now that you're set up, get involved!
- Follow Morgan Elementary School's PTA Facebook Page.
- Follow Morgan Maverick's Official Instagram Page - @morgan_mavericks
- Sign up for the monthly Morgan Flyer newsletter.
- Support MES in your everyday shopping activities (grocery shopping, box tops, and more). Link your various accounts to MES and a portion of your sales will go to our school!
- If you plan to volunteer, make sure you register! All volunteers must complete registration and be approved prior to volunteering (this includes chaperones for field trips, classroom volunteering, etc.). Volunteer registrations must be updated annually.
- Join the MES PTA! Whether you are a new or returning MES parent, please consider becoming involved with us in any way that works for you. We have a wide variety of opportunities for all availability and skills!
**New Afternoon Dismissal Change Procedure for 2023-2024 School Year**
In order to change your child’s afternoon transportation, a parent/guardian must send a signed note to their child’s teacher or email email@example.com (by 1PM).
Phone calls for transportation changes will only be accepted in case of an emergency. No transportation changes will be made after 1:00 pm. Please do not Dojo your changes to the teacher, as teachers may not see the changes before dismissal.
Information for Bus Riders
- To request a bus assignment, you must contact the MES office to register your child. Students are not automatically registered for a seat on the bus. You can reach the office at (336) 703-4148.
- Here Comes the Bus is available to families of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools students! You can track your student's bus with the Here Comes the Bus app. The app is available for download for free from both the Google Play and Apple App store. Just sign up for the alerts and you will know exactly where your child's bus is. You can set alerts so that you will know when the bus is near your home. You can find more information about bus transportation here.
- All kindergarten and first grade students must have an adult at their bus stop or be accompanied by a sibling in 4th or 5th grade. If an adult or sibling is not present during bus drop off, your student will return to school on the bus for pick-up.
- Keep an eye out on Class Dojo for announcements about bus changes! These can include arrival/drop off time changes, bus number changes, combined bus routes, etc.
Drop off and pick-up can be hectic! Here are some tips to help make things more efficient for everyone!
- Drop off begins at 7:25am and students should be in their classrooms by 7:55am. The drop off line is usually very short between 7:20 - 7:40am every day!
The drop off and pick-up line can be accessed off Village Point Drive. Please be aware of our traffic director when approaching the entrance!
- Cars that are not at the cut off (crosswalk) at 7:55 will have to park and walk their student in. These students are considered tardy.
- Please give your full attention while on school property. While your car is moving in a school zone, it is important not to be using or talking on your cell phone. You may miss the signal to pull forward.
- You may not drop off in the middle of the lot or on the street or in the bus lot and have your child walk across the parking lot unattended.
- Ensure your child is unbuckled and has all belongings in hand before the door is opened.
- The drop off zone is on the right-hand side of the vehicle. Everyone should be ready to exit the car on the passenger side.
- DO NOT get out of the car at the drop off or pick-up line. Your child should be able to unbuckle their own seat belt, have their belongings gathered and be ready to exit when you stop. The safety patrol will assist in opening and shutting the door.
- If your child needs more time during drop off, park your car in a designated spot and walk them to the front of the building. The drop off line is for quick and efficient exiting of the vehicle. Your child may not be ready for a quick drop off, and that is OK!
- For the safety of our staff and students, please leave pets at home.
- During pick up, ensure you have placed the placard with your child(ren)'s name(s) on the rear-view mirror. Once one of our staff has entered your child's name into the notification system, take note of the number you are assigned. Your child will be waiting at their assigned number by the time you pull around!
- If you are late arriving to pick up your child, you may park in the parking lot and come inside to the office to pick them up.
- Early dismissal days are released 2 hours early at 12:25pm! Make note on your calendar for early release days.