Periodic Team Communications
September 4, 2014
Greetings Rams Team Families,
We want to thank those of you who attended Open House for the 2014-2015 school year. What a great turn-out!
Your team teachers have met and discussed a few tips to assist your child in transitioning to our team norms and expectations. We encourage you to speak with your son or daughter about the safe and orderly school principles that are foundational for these tips.
- Students are allow and encouraged to bring a light jacket to classes. We recognize that the fluctuation in classroom temperatures can take some getting used to, however, we do not expect for the jackets to create distractions. Students are expected to drape jackets over their chairs when they are not being worn.
- Encourage your son or daughter to wear sneakers to school on the days of his or her Physical Education classes. This will encourage greater participation in PE and limit the need for extra storage.
- All backpacks and purses are to be stored in lockers during the school day. Pencil pouches are permitted and provide adequate space for small personal items.
- Student use of cell phones during the school day is strictly prohibited. Student cell phones must be powered off during school hours. If phone is taken from a student for violation of these expectations, a parent must come to school to reclaim it.
Additionally, we want to be certain that you remember to…
· sign and return the Tile I Compact;
· sign and return the Technology Agreement and Permission form;
· complete and return the Authorization Release (student information) form;
· pay the $4.00 WSFCS school fees and the optional $6.00 PTSA dues;
· sign and return the Wednesday folder and read over the contents routinely.
In Kindest Regards,
Mr. Desmond, Science
Mrs. Dunbar, Math
Mrs. Oakes, English Language Arts
Mr. Smith, Social Studies