Marketing 6221Welcome to Marketing 6621 I look forward to a great year. Follow the link below to view the course blueprintMarketing Blueprint/Supply listObjective 1.01 Understand marketing's role and function in business to facilitate economic exchanges with customers.EQ What is Marketing?Introduce lesson using powerpoint 1.01 pptGuided notesStudents groups what you learned activityActivity create Collage DirectionsComplete collage for homeworkBellringerVocabulary word wall (needs, wants, marketing, customer, service, product, place, promotion, price,Collect homework collageQ&A session
Objective 1.02 Understand career opportunities in marketing to make career decisions.2.03Objective 2.03 Acquire a foundational knowledge of selling to understand its nature and scope.
- 2.03 PowerPoint and Notes
- Company Policies Comparison Handout
- Selling Policies Handout
- Using ActivExpressions, discuss 2.01/2.03 Questions
2.06 Indicator: Apply quality assurances to enhance product/service offerings.
- 2.01/2.03 Quiz
- Big Mac Empire Video and Handout
Social Responsibility (Partner)Indicator 2.07: Reinforce company's image to exhibit the company's brand promise.
Objective 2.08 Acquire product knowledge to communicate product benefits and to ensure appropriateness of product for the consumer.Discuss Examples of Product Sheet Information ExampleFeature or Benefit?Elliptical Feature BenefitDiscuss 2.08 Questions as a class
Objective 2.09 Understand sales processes and techniques to enhance customer relationships and to increase the likelihood of making salessteps of SaleApproachesFinish Sales Packet2.09 Questions as class
Objective 2.11 Process the sale to complete the exchange.
- 2.11 Power point and Notes Begin Sales Calculations Unit 2 Review
Objective 3.01 Aquire a foundational knowledge of product/service management to understand its nature and scope.
- Unit 2 Test
- 3.01 A powerpoint and Notes – Product/Service Management
- Using LAP 17 Rapping Up Products
- Define the following bolded terms throughout your reading: product-related service (& give an example), pure service (& give an example), positioning, test marketing, commercialization, product discontinuation.
- Answer Total Recall Questions 1-5 on Page 6
- Answer Total Recall Questions 1-5 on Page 8
3.01 B Product Life Cycle and Notes – Product Life Cycle
- Finish LAP 17 Questions
- CompleteProduct Service Match Up – Use 3.01 A Notes and Lap 17
- Complete Pick A Product – Use Internet
- Complete Product Life Cycle Doc – Use 3.01 B PowerPoint, specifically charts on the last two slides.
- 3.01 C Technology and Notes – Technology
- Techonolgy Examples
- Technology Brochure
Think about your last shopping experience; in the mall, on the Internet, at a restaurant, at a grocery store...........how did the seller use technology to serve you? List all examples. Think about—
- Point of sale systems
- Shopping Carts/Wish Lists
- Payment options like PayPal
- 3.01 D Packaging and Notes – Packaging
- Begin packaging activity - Partner
- Last 20 minutes – Discuss 3.01 Review Questions PowerPoint as a class
- 3.01 Quiz – Answer on Separate Paper
- Finish Packaging Activity - Partner
Objective 3.03 Employ product-mix strategies to meet customer expectations.
- 3.03 powerpoint and Notes
- Product Mix Identification Handout
- Use the document that's posted online only to see colors indicated. Complete the assignment on the handout given.
- Use to complete advantages and disadvantages
- 3.03 Crossword
- Begin (Partner)Product Mix Investigation
- Answer 3.03 Questions on paper provided
Objective 3.04 Position products/services to acquire desired business image.
- Finish Positioning Your Product
- 3.04 PowerPoint and Notes - Part B - Branding
- Brands and Strategies Form
Objective 3.06 Develop a foundational knowledge of pricing to understand its role in marketing.
- 3.06 ppt and Notes - Part A
- Lap 2 - Price is Right
- Gray Zone Page 4
- Total Recall Questions 1-5 on Page 5
- Total Recall Questions 1-4 on Page 8
- Price is Right Corrections (answer on seperate paper)
- Establishing a Selling Price (partner)
- 3.06 PowerPoint and Notes - Part B
- Technology in Pricing (answer on seperate paper)
- Pricing Laws (answer on same paper as above)
- Lap 3 - Make Cents
- Total Recall Questions 1-4 on Page 3
- Total Recall Questions 1-4 on Page 5
- Gray Zone on Page 5
- Total Recall Questions 1-7 on Page 8
- Begin Airline Pricing