If you have any questions about volunteering at The Downtown School, please contact our volunteer coordinator:
Volunteering at The Downtown School is vitally important to the learning environment and education of our children. Unlike other schools, volunteering is required (1 hour per week/child) and serves to offset the limited resources and staff allocations provided to our unique school model. We recognize each person has skills and realize schedules change; our goal is to ensure throughout the school year, you have the right opportunities to contribute to DTS!
- You will need to sign in and out every time that you volunteer. Sign in stations are located in the office areas of all buildings. They are the same computers that you will sign kids in and out of if they are tardy or are leaving early. When you sign out, you will use the code that is on the lower left of your name tag.
- Remember to bring your driver’s license with you.
- Name tags must be worn at all times.
- All volunteers must first complete the district volunteer application. You can complete that at: https://www.wsfcsvolunteers.com/
- If you do not complete the volunteer application and get approved, you will not be able to volunteer at the school. This is needed to ensure the safety of all students, staff, and parents.
- To sign up for volunteer opportunities please click 2019-20 Volunteer Sign up
Off-Site Hours Entry
- If you have completed offsite hours, you need to turn in this time on the following link:
- Click HERE for offsite hours for the 2019-2020 school year
- PTA activities and class parties are not recognized as parent volunteer time.
- Children not attending The Downtown School are not allowed to be with parents while volunteering during the school day.