Forest Park Bullying Policy and Outline
Bullying is considered a Level III offense, which means a student can be suspended from school on the first offense of bullying depending on the circumstances.
Forest Park Procedures
- Student(s) will be conferenced; individually, in small group, or whole class to discuss the bullying issue and the students directly involved will have their parents contacted to let them know of the offense and that a repeat offense will lead to an office referral.
- Office referral may lead to; Planning Room Placement, Out of School Suspension, or Alternative Placement
Bullying is the act of intentionally causing harm to others. through verbal harassment (teasing or taunting), physical assault (hitting).
Examples Of Bullying
- Name calling
- Verbal/written abuse (hurting someone's feelings)
- Excluding someone from activities for no good reason
- Excluding someone from social situations
- Physical abuse
Where It Happens
Includes but is not limited to:
- On the School Buses and waiting for the buses
- Classes that require group work
- After School Activities
****Any sign of bullying should be reported to a teacher of administrator immediately.