My name is Cherie Yarbrough, and I have been a teacher for 25 years. I have taught at Kimmel Farm Elementary since it opened in 2009. I was born in Winston-Salem, NC and grew up in Clemmons. After graduating from West Forsyth High School, I earned my bachelor's degree from UNC-Greensboro and my Master's degree from Appalachian State University in the field of Reading Education. I also earned National Board Certification in Literacy. I live with my husband(Gary), my daughter(Alexandra Rose, who is beginning college), and my dog (Katie). I enjoy reading, traveling to the beach, and spending time with my family and friends.
Ten Fun Facts About Me:
1. I am crazy about Hello KItty.
2. My favorite candy is Reese's Cups and M&Ms.
3. My favorite place to be in the whole world is Kure Beach, NC.
4. My favorite color is pink.
5. I love video games that involve dancing.
6. One of my favorite shows is Dancing With The Stars.
7. My favorite Dr. Seuss book is The Lorax.
8. My favorite food is Mexican.
9. My favorite music is classic rock.
10. I am excited about teaching you!