About Mrs. StoneGet to Know Mrs. Stone for Kids:
Get to Know Mrs. Stone for Parents:
- I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and that is where my parents live. Can you find it on a map?
- I have one older brother who lives in New York City. His name is Ryan.
- I love to dance. I am a good dancer but I am not a very good singer. It's okay, I sing anyway! I hope you'll sing and dance with me this year.
- I love to cook and I am always trying new recipes. Do you like to help your parents cook?
- I have been married since June 2009. My husband's name is Austin. You will hear about him a lot!
- I met Austin in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was a third grade teacher there.
- I don't have any children now but I plan to someday.
- I love to read and I hope you do too!
- I am teaching myself how to sew. It is hard to learn new things but I am working hard at it.
- My Kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Price. I am friends with her daughter!
- My favorite place in the world is my family's beach house.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love to eat cereal, Oreo's, fruit and gummy apple rings!
This is my tenth year teaching. After teaching third grade for five years, I decided that my heart was tugging me towards the little ones. This is my fifth year teaching Kindergarten and believe that this will be a memorable year for your children and for me.
I graduated with honors from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio with a degree in Early Childhood Education. I taught in Cincinnati for four years. My husband and I moved to Winston-Salem a little over five years ago so that he could do his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Wake Forest. We are renovating our home ourselves and it's currently our only baby :)
Parent involvement is the key to your child's success. Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. There will be many opportunities for you to join in our Kindergarten fun this year and I hope you take part!