General Homework Tips
- Ask about the teacher's homework expectations (or visit our homework policies page)
- Have your child do homework in a quiet, well-lit place.
- Set a regular time for homework.
- Help with time management.
- Remove distractions.
- Provide necessary supplies such as paper, pencils & a dictionary.
- Have a positive attitude about homework.
- When your child asks for help, give assistance, not answers.
- Look over completed homework assignments.
- Watch for signs of frustration or failure.
These tips are from the U.S. Department of Education Homework Tips for ParentsFor the entire document visit http://www.ed.gov/parents/academic/help/homework/homework.pdf