Welcome to Old Richmond Elementary School!Old Richmond Elementary School is often called the best kept secret in Forsyth County by those that know about it! Former students and parents speak highly of their experiences at Old Richmond. You will not find a more caring and talented staff anywhere else.Old Richmond has had strong ties to the local community since 1896 when it first opened its doors. In addition to a strong academic reputation, Old Richmond is dedicated to teaching our students about the environment and providing them access to technology. We have a wonderful PTA that helps us improve our campus and offers fun, family events throughout the year.We would love to welcome you to the Old Richmond family! Please contact us for more information or to schedule a tour of the school (336-703-4287).
- "Our daughter loves ORE! Every teacher and staff member at Old Richmond clearly have the student's best interest at heart in everything they do, and make each day fun and academically challenging. As a family we enjoy the many exciting and creative extracurricular activities provided by the ORE PTA and staff, which are enriching to the educational experiences. Through staff devotion, community involvement, and volunteer support, ORE is constantly evolving and improving, which is an important quality in an educational environment to us as parents." - Gloria and Kenneth Kiser
- "Old Richmond Elementary is like stepping back in time--to a simpler timewhen you knew your children were safe and cared for. Old Richmond possesses all of the technology of the twenty-first century to teach our children, but with the caring, loving staff of a time long ago. We have SmartBoards in every homeroom classroom along with a fantastic teacher to teach on it. Old Richmond is a small, rural school set on a beautiful campus. My two boys have always felt at home there with the small population (~500) and have flourished with great grades. I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Old Richmond family as a parent and volunteer." - VERY Satisfied Parent, Toni DeLoach
- "I have had the pleasure of having 2 children attend Old Richmond Elementary…at 2 different times so I have been there for 13 years! I have found the teachers to be very dedicated to all the students. The teachers worked with my kids to help overcome learning difficulties and they are both very successful students. My oldest is now in college and is getting her degree in secondary education, partly because of the love and care she received from her teachers at ORE. ORE is the best kept secret in the Winston-Salem Forsyth School system!" - Donna Cheek
- "Thank you to Old Richmond for not only a wonderful education for my children, but an atmosphere that makes children feel they are part of a big family! I chose Old Richmond Elementary for my children because the school provides a well-rounded education for the children. Teachers at Old Richmond care about each and every student and challenging them to do their best, not just in the school work required but in becoming a responsible person - taking care of each other, their community and the earth. Administrators at Old Richmond are always open to new ideas and willing to explore any new program that provides benefits to our student. Finally, the parents of children in this school feel the commitment of teachers to our children and getting the most of each school day. Thank you Old Richmond for your hard work and dedication to the future of our area!" - Kelly Melang
- "I have had two children attend ORE and it has been a wonderfulexperience for all of us! When my oldest son (now in 8th grade) wasready for kindergarten, we toured several area elementary schools andnothing felt like the right fit. Then we visited ORE and I immediatelyfelt that this was the right school for us. It had an old fashionedelementary school feel to it. The staff and students seemed genuinelyhappy to be there and there was a strong emphasis on encouraging alove of learning. My kids and I both loved the reading program, the AGprogram, the specials, and I also appreciate how creative the teachershave been with the general curriculum. My youngest son will be goingto middle school next year and I know he will be just as prepared forthe demanding IB curriculum at Paisley Middle School as my older sonhad been. Thank you Old Richmond!" - Shana Whitehead
Last Modified on September 8, 2016