Math 1st Quarter
English Language Arts 1st QuarterWe will begin the quarter by learning how to read and write out names and we will learn what a rhyme is. We will look for rhyming words in our texts and we will find some of our own. We will also begin to learn the letters of the alphabet and the sounds that they make so that we will be able to sound out unfamiliar words when reading. Finally, we will begin to learn our high frequency words for the quarter.
- Develop number sense (0-30)
- Count objects in a set (0-10)
- Compare attributes of two objects using appropriate vocabulary (color, weight, height, width, length, texture)
- Recognize calendar time using days of the week, months of the year, seasons.
- Model and use directional and positonal vocabulary
High Frequency Words for KindergartenFirst Quarter- brown, black, blue, green, yellow, purple, white, red, orange, I, like, a, can, see, me, go, the, and, he, had, hasSecond Quarter- is, it, in, to, boy, girl, at, have, do, as, all, we, beThird Quarter- him, her, up, down, on, off, she, of, did, that, little, forFourth Quarter-with, said, were, there, then, was, they, you, some, but, out, his
Last Modified on October 28, 2011