• Worker Comp

  • Workers' Compensation and Eligibility

    All employees are covered under Workers' Compensation laws.  If approved, payment is provided for medical expenses and partial income at no cost to you, if you are injured or contract an occupational disease in the course and scope of your job. Workers’ Compensation claims are approved by our Workers’ Compensation insurance carriers.

    Reporting an Injury

    Instructions for the site-based Workers’ Compensation Contact Person:

    • Print and provide to the Employee the 'Employee Report of Injury'.Procedures| Report of Injury Form (It can also be found on our Financial Services web page at the EPAS link).
    • If the employee requires medical treatment, advise the employee of the Novant Health options for treatment. If the injury is an emergency, call 911. If 911 is called, call the Workers Compensation office immediately at 336-703-4271.
    • Notify the Workers’ Compensation Office of the injury and treatment details, including any restrictions, as soon as possible. (click here for the direct link to workerscomp@wsfcs.k12.nc.us)

    Instructions for Employee:

    • At the time of the accident, immediately complete the 'Employee Report of Injury' form and return it to your Financial Secretary or your supervisor.
    • After notifying the Financial Secretary or your supervisor, if medical treatment other than first aid is necessary, go to Novant Health Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine (see the list to the right).
    • Provide your Supervisor and the Workers' Compensation office your work status note provided by Novant Health Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine as soon as possible.

  • Contacts

    Workers Compensation Specialists:
       Sandra Braham ext. 70613
       Rosemary Cobb ext. 70612
       Phone: 336.703.4271
       Fax: 336.661.6536
  • Authorized Medical Treatment Facilities

    Novant Health Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine
    2337 Winterhaven Lane
    Winston-Salem, NC  27103
    Hours:  M-F 7:30 am - 5 pm
    Novant Health Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine
    501 Hickory Branch Drive
    Greensboro, NC 27409
    Hours M-F 7:30 am - 7:30 pm
               Sat 8 am - 6 pm
               Sun 8 am - 4 pm

What Can I Expect After Filing My Claim?

  • When you are expected to return to work.

  • If your claim is accepted/approved.

  • Someone from either York Risk or Sedgewick, our Workers' Compensation insurance carriers, will call you to discuss your claim.

  • If you have any prescribed medications.

  • If you receive any invoices.

  • Upon your return to work.

Worker's Compensation FAQ

  • If I am injured at work and unable to work, how will I be paid?

  • what is the waiting period?

  • What is the rate that I am paid while out of work on Worker's Comp?

  • How do i pay for my employer sponsored benefits while I am receiving Worker's Compensation?

  • Do I get to choose my doctors?

  • Am I reimbursed for travel to and from the doctor?

  • Will I have to pay back my Worker's Compensation benefits?

  • Where do I get more information about Worker's Compensation?