All volunteers must re-register with WSFCS every year at the following link: www.wsfcsvolunteers.com
New volunteers will need to set up an account and activate your status as a volunteer in the system. An email with directions for this process will be sent to you; once approved, you will then receive an email letting you know when you are established in the county to volunteer.Volunteer OpportunitiesFor detailed descriptions of each committee, view this form: MES PTA Committee Descriptions.
- Advocacy - Participates in a committee that keeps up to date on changes in education that affect students/schools
- All Pro Dads - Helps the committee chair organize speakers, prizes, breakfast
- Audit - Works with committee to audit PTA accounts
- Book Fair - Assists the book fair committee chair with the biannual book fair activities including set up and sales.
- Communications (Morgan Flyer) - Helps with weekly email communication as needed
- Communications (in Spanish) -Translates PTA documents for web/distribution
- Campus Beautification
- Family Fun - Assists the committee chair in the planning and execution of family fun events during the school year (approx. 1/month)
- Grant Writing - Researches and applies for grants to aid MES
- Hospitality – Help host school events and work on activities to welcome new families
- In-Store Promotions - Assists the committee chair as needed to work with local stores that offer promotions that benefit the school.
- Membership – Actively recruits members for PTA. Chair keeps database of MES PTA members.
- Merchandise - Helps the committee sell merchandise at school/PTA events
- PTA Thursday Volunteers - Participates with other volunteers to complete a list of projects and clerical tasks needed by the school staff
- Reflections - Helps review, prepare, and submit student’s work for competition
- Spirit Nights - Assists the committee with organizing and participating in events at local businesses
- Sponsorships/Student Folders - Helps committee coordinate events/written highlights with local business sponsors
- Staff Appreciation - Sends items needed, volunteers time at events to support MES staff
Thank you,Donna Bridges, PTA President & Volunteer Committee Chair 2022-2023
- Yearbook - Works with yearbook committee chair on the school yearbook