Calculator "Arithme-tricks"Try these at home and amaze your family!!Lucky 13
Been There, Done That!!
- Choose any 3-digit number. Enter it twice, so you have a 6-digit number.
- Divide by 11, then press =.
- Divide by 7, then press =.
- Divide by the original 3-digit number.
- Press the = key --- you should have 13 !
Repeat After Me
- Enter any 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, or 5- digit number that doesn't end in zero.
- Multiply by 2.
- Add 4.
- Multiply by 5.
- Add 12.
- Multiply by 10.
- Subtract 320.
- Divide by 100.
- Press the = key --- you should have the original number!!
- Enter any 3-digit number.
- Multiply by 13.
- Multiply by 11.
- Multiply by 7.
- Press the = key --- you should have your original number, repeated as a 6-digit number!!
Birthdazed (This is a tricky one, as there are many steps. Press carefully!)
- On your paper, write down any 3-digit number.
- Add the 3 digits together to get the sum.
- Enter that sum into your calculator.
- Multiply by 37.
- Press the = key --- you should get the 3-digit number!!
- Enter the number of the month you were born. January - 1, Feb. - 2, etc.
- Multiply by 20.
- Add 3.
- Multiply by 5.
- Add the number of the day of the month you were born.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4.
- Add the last two numbers of the year you were born and press the = key.
- Subtract 1,515 and press the = key --- you should get your birthdate in numbers!!
NEW in June, 2014!!Two Thumbs Up!!
1. Write down two one-digit numbers.
2. Enter the first digit.
3. Multiply by 5. Press =
4. Add 3. Press =
5. Multiply by 2. Press =
6. Add the second digit. Press =
7. Subtract 6.
8. Fress the = key. Should be the 2 digits in a number!
- Enter any three-digit number. 479
- Reverse the number in your head. (974)
- Add the new number to the original number. 479 + 974
- Press the + key. + (1,453)
- If you don't have a palindrome yet, enter the reverse of the answer you just got. Press the + key. 3451 + (4,994)
- If you still don't have a palindrome, repeat step 5 until you do! Hint: This trick usually takes three to four steps to work.