Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy
Grades 6 through 12 - College Preparatory1215 N. Cameron Ave.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Phone: (336) 703-6732
Fax: (336) 727-2931Reggie Hunt, PrincipalCheck out this video forWinston-Salem Prep AcademyWinston-Salem Preparatory Academy provides personalized instruction, small classes, an integrated curriculum and leadership opportunities throughout the community. It includes a grades 6-8 middle school and a grades 9-12 high school that are both housed in the former Atkins High School building.
A supportive staff works to ensure that each student is well known, challenged academically and supported emotionally. The mission of the school is to prepare every student for college.
Beginning in ninth grade, students must follow the College/University Prep course of study, which includes honors and Advanced Placement courses only. Elective courses offered at Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy include computer science, music, art and online courses.
Highlights of the magnet program at Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy:
Directions to Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy
- Class size averages 12 students to one teacher.
- Approximately 650 students enrolled in grades 6 through 12.
- Learning opportunities outside of the classroom such as internships, service learning, and collaborative projects at Winston Salem State University and with numerous community partnerships.
- Pre-college programs offered through Winston-Salem State University such as Upward Bound, Health Careers Opportunity Program, Legislative College Opportunity Program, and Latinos United for Education.
- Opportunities for leadership in a small school environment.
- Interest clubs such as community garden club, step team, gospel choir and drama club.
- Athletics program including boys’ and girls’ basketball, tennis, cross-country and track.
Exit from Business I-40 onto US 311 north. Follow US 311 (turn right at bottom of hill) about one mile to Cameron Ave. (A traffic island divides US 311 just before Cameron Ave.) Turn left, go about four blocks; school is on right between 12th and 14th St. Office is on main floor in center of building.