Each magnet school offers an innovative program and the supports that students need to expand their horizons. Students have the opportunity to continue in a magnet program from kindergarten through grade 12.
How are magnet schools different?
Magnet students have extra opportunities to develop their curiosity and talent through special classes and clubs, increased access to technology, and research-backed teaching methods.
Magnet programs in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County include:
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
- Science, technology, engineering, ARTS, and math (STEAM)
- International/Global studies
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Visual and performing arts
- Multiple intelligences
- Career & Technical Education (CTE) Academy
- College and Career Prep
Parents or students must apply to attend a magnet school, and applications are accepted only during the Magnet School Enrollment Period.