Southwest PTA Welcomes You!
Our PTA website is undergoing updates over the next few weeks. Please check back soon.
In the meantime, you can visit our Facebook page and/or join our mailing list to receive
the most up-to-date information. You can also email us at email@example.comOn behalf of the PTA, welcome to Southwest Elementary School! You will find our staff is top notch and our students are a diverse, generous and amazing group of young learners and leaders.
The PTA organizes many activities throughout the year and supports the school through volunteer time and funds. We look at Southwest as an extension of our family and enjoy planning many activities including:
- Wild, Wild Southwest Week – In the fall, we plan and run our main fundraiser of the year. Students have daily dress up days, request donations from family, friends and neighbors and end the week with a celebration on the field. This year, we raised over $35,000.
- Spring Fling – A family focused event that includes bounce houses, food trucks, face painting, hayrides and much more!
- Valentine’s Dance – The most anticipated event of the year, our students enjoy hanging out with friends, dancing and a “night out” without parents! The money raised from this event traditionally supports one of our specialists.
- Goodies with Grands, Donuts with Dad, and Muffins with Mom – A wonderful outreach event for students to bring the special adults in their lives to enjoy a breakfast treat and show them around their school.
- Book Fairs - We love planning and hosting two-three book fairs a year. Our parents man the registers and our students are given the opportunity to explore and purchase new literature to add to their home libraries.
In addition to hosting and planning these events (and many more!), we focus our financial support on improving school technology, supporting student groups and showing gratitude to our amazing staff through monthly appreciation events and purchasing of school supplies.
We all feel comfortable everyday when our children step into this building. They are loved, they are kept safe and they have developed into lifelong learners who cannot wait to wake-up and see what is in store for them today.