Standard Mode of DressStudent attire must meet the requirement of the school’s Standard Mode of Dress (SMOD). Students out of SMOD will not attend class. Shoes are required at all times. Discretion should be used as to the appropriateness and safety of one’s attire.All coats, jackets, hats, gloves, and outdoor attire should be placed in lockers before homeroom. Heavy coats are not to be worn during the school day.Blue jeans, leggings, and extremely tight pants, capris, and shorts are not allowed.Mineral Springs Middle School’s SMOD requires that only the following be worn:
On special days, students may earn the privilege of wearing clothing of their choice as long as the following guidelines are met.Students may not wear:
- khaki, black (not faded black), or navy blue or black pants of natural waist size
- khaki, black (not faded black), or navy blue capris, shorts, or skirts that are no more than 2.5 inches above the knee ($1 bill rule) and are natural waist size; pants, capris, shorts, or skirts may not be tight-fitting
- any solid blue, white, black, or pink polo-style collared shirts with short or long-sleeves. Logos on shirts must be no larger than a quarter. Shirts may not have graphics, logos, etc. Undershirts must be in the approve SMOD colors.
- tucked-in shirts to pants, capris, shorts, and skirts are required at all times.
- visible belts may be of student choice provided they do not disrupt the learning environment.
- shoes must be closed toe shoes ONLY. Slides and flip flops are deemed unsafe and inappropriate for school and are not allowed.
- light weight jackets, the same color of the SMOD shirt/top without hoods may be worn (any solid blue, white, black, or pink)
- during the winter, solid color pull-over Button Down sweaters OR Crew Neck (round neck) sweaters of SMOD approved shirt colors WITHOUT hoods may be worn. School logo pullovers WITHOUT hoods may also be worn. All Coats must be put in the lockers when the student arrives at school.
- Bulldog apparel (Mineral Springs t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.) may be worn on Fridays with SMOD pants, capris, shorts, and skirts.
- Sagging pants (pants worn below the waist or oversized pants)
- Clothing containing obscene/profane words, pictures related to drug, alcohol, tobacco, or weapons
- Clothing containing symbols, styles or attire associated with gangs, intimidation, violence or violent groups, etc.
- Short shorts or short skirts. Shorts and skirts must be no more than 2.5 inches above the knee ($1 bill rule).
- Leggings may be worn only when covered by shorts or skirts that meet the $1 bill rule.
- See-through clothing
- Tight clothing
- Strapless shirts/tops, spaghetti strap shirts/tops, tank tops, or clothing that reveals bare back, shoulders, chest, or midriff
- Bare feet or bedroom slippers or shoes
- Visible underwear
- Headwear (hats, hoods, tobaggans, scarves, bandanas, sunglasses, head bands, head coverings of any kind)
- Sweatbands and/or wristbands
- Metal chains
- Polo dresses
- Hooded sweatshirts
- Any item(s) deemed inappropriate by the Administration
Last Modified on September 16, 2018