DUAL ENROLLMENT - CAREER & COLLEGE PROMISE PROGRAM
Students have the option to attend Forsyth Tech Community College (FTCC) during high school with the dual enrollment program (Glenn/FTCC) tuition free. The dual enrollment program at FTCC is called Career and College Promise.
Click this link to register for the CCP coming info sessions
Click this link for the Career & College Promise website
What is Career and College Promise?
Career and College Promise is North Carolina’s dual enrollment program that allows high school students who meet the eligibility requirements to take classes at Forsyth Tech. These classes are tuition-free and may count both toward the high school diploma and earn college credits. CCP allows high school students to get a jump start on their college and workforce preparation, saving both time and money.
As an eligible high school student, you can choose from various options:
- Career and Technical Education pathways leading to a certificate or a diploma
- College Transfer pathways earning college credits towards an Associate at Forsyth Tech or a Baccalaureate degree at another college or university.
If you are undecided on what path to follow, CCP allows you to explore a career or field of study. You will earn college credit without paying tuition money.
Whether you have a clear idea or are undecided, CCP is a great opportunity to learn to be a college student. Why wait?
To see the possibilities at Forsyth Tech, download the information booklet.
Who can enroll in CCP?
If you are a junior or senior and you have an unweighted 2.8 or higher GPA, you are eligible.
If you are a freshman or sophomore, work with your high school counselor and CCP advisor to determine eligibility for CCP.
How to apply to CCP?
- Complete the online application
- Request that your school counselor submit the High School Agreement Form and your high school transcript
Only for DACA Students: FAFSA Form
Economic & Workforce Development at FTCC
Training and Certifications are available in these areas:
- Activity Director*
- Administrative Assistant Training*
- Autism Paraprofessional*
- Culinary Arts Certificate*
- Customer Relations/Call Center*
- Detention Officer Certification Training
- Electrical Lineman*
- Electrician Installation/Troubleshooting*
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic*
- Facility Maintenance Technician*
- Financial Services and Teller Training
- Human Resource Management
- HVAC Service Technician I & II*
- Interpreting-Health & Human Services
- Medical Clerical Courses*
- Medical Unit Secretary*
- Nursing Assistant I & II*
- Office 2016 For Administrative Professionals*
- Pharmacy Assistant*
- Plumbing Installation/Troubleshooting
- Small Business Certification Program
- Small Business Certification Program:
- Stokes County
- Veterinary Assistant (Beginning & Advanced)*
- Welding ARC/MIG/TIG/Industrial*
*Financial assistance available as funding allows
For more info, visit www.forsythtech.edu/ewd/ or contact Forsyth Tech Educational Career Center at 336-734-7748
To apply to TRIO Upward Bound @FTCC click on the following link TRIO ONLINE REGISTRATION - see the flyer below for more information.