Description of duties:
Buildings: Regularly scheduled interior and exterior paint and maintenance, sheetrock and plaster repair, exterior pressure washing, oversight of contractors for locker painting and exterior mobile and modular cleaning
- Vandalism: Removal or cover of interior and exterior graffiti
- Floors: Layout and painting of game courts on tiled gym floors, oversight of contractors for refinishing stage floors
- Parking lots: Striping and marking
- Flag poles: Painting and ropes
The Paint Department has the responsibility to maintain interior and exterior painted surfaces at all facilities throughout the WSFC School System, which currently numbers 80 sites.
We have a total of 9 painters that perform various duties as follows:
- 7 employees who make up two to three crews, working with contractors, who are assigned to schools and other facilities for scheduled painting
- 2 employees for other routine work orders and for call-in emergencies
To maintain all school system facilities for a safe and pleasant learning and working environment for students and staff.