We assume that children will travel home in the same manner each day. If there is an exception to the rule, send a written note signed by a parent or guardian stating how you want your child to travel home. If a note is not received, the student will be required to leave school in the usual way.If your child ispicked up after 2:45 p.m., you will be assessed a tardy fee of $10.00. WSFCS Board Policy 3250.2 specifies that your child should be off campus by 2:45 p.m. daily (20 minutes after the 2:25 p.m. dismissal time).
Car Rider SafetyPlease help us keep your child safe by following all the procedures that we have in place.
Bus Rider SafetyAt Morgan elementary we are particularly concerned about the safety of your child on the school bus. Please review the following school bus rules with your child:
- Car riders must be dropped off and picked up only in the designated area of the school. Please do not try to pick up your child from any other area.
- Parents please stay in your car in the car line. Avoid talking on the cell phone as this may distract you.
- Keep your childs name displayed on your rear view mirror until the child is in your vehicle! This will help all the adults trying to load your child. Please make sure that whoever is picking up your child has one of these or he/she will be asked to go in the office to sign your child out.
- There are four stations for loading the children. Just pull up to the station called out for your child, and your child will be waiting there.
- If for some reason your child is not at the number, we may ask you to pull up and wait.
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT FOLLOW RULES OF GOOD BUS BEHAVIOR WILL RECEIVE BUS CONDUCT NOTICES AND WILL BE REFERED TO THE PRINCIPAL OR ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS (SUCH AS HAVING BUS RIDING PRIVILEGES SUSPENDED).** Students in Kindergarten and 1st Grade must be met at their bus stop by an adult OR allowed to get off with a sibling in 4th or 5th grade.
- Be at your bus stop on time.
- Wait for the bus off the road.
- Don't play, push, shove, or harm anyone while waiting for, riding, or getting off the bus.
- Sit quietly and remain in your seat for the entire bus ride.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed on the bus.
- Listen to your bus driver and follow all school bus rules.