I first joined the Philo Middle School staff in August of 2001 as a sixth grade Science and English/Language Arts teacher. After teaching sixth grade for 2 years, I became an 8th-grade teacher. During my time at Philo Middle School I was afforded the following experiences with young people:
- Taught inclusion Science and Social Studies in 6th grade.
- Coordinated 8th-grade celebration and other family-school events.
- Served as a team leader and yearbook advisor.
- Taught summer school for 8th grade Reading and Math Gateway program for WSFCS for 6 years.
I left Philo Middle School and joined the staffs of Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy and then Jefferson Middle School where I served as Curriculum Coordinator. In October of 2010, I was selected to serve as WS/FCS as Director of Science, K-12. I am elated to now serve as principal of Philo-Hill Magnet Academy.
I am a product of North Carolina public schools and I believe that when students, families, and communities partner with public schools, then great things happen for young people. Below, I have included a brief summary of my formal education experiences:
- University of Phoenix Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership with a Specialization in Curriculum and Instruction, Doctoral Defense: August 19, 2015, Science Teacher Self-efficacy and Student Achievement: A Quantitative Correlational Study
- Appalachian State University Masters in School Administration May 2006 School Leaders Licensure July 2006
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Bachelor of Science degree in Middle Grades Education May 2001 NC “A” License in 6-9 Reading, Science and Social Studies, June 2001 NC Teaching Fellow, Dean’s List, NC Association of Science Teachers Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Western Harnett High School Diploma, May 1997- Class Vice President, Beta Club, NC Scholar, Science Club
It is an honor to be a part of the visionary team for the new Philo-Hill Magnet Academy. Our students, teachers, parents, and the community will soon have the opportunity to engage in the metamorphosis of our school into a premiere academy where efficacious learning is created and achieved. My personal motto is “Believe. Learn. Become.” As principal, I am dedicated to revitalizing the synergy between Philo-Hill Magnet Academy and all stakeholders to achieve the goals and mission of our school.