Ronald Reagan High School Chorus Information 2015-16Mignon Dobbins, Director of Choirs email@example.com
Welcome to the Reagan HS Choral Program! Please check teacher website regularly for updates, new performance events, and rehearsal tracks.
Expectations and Policies:
- Supplies - Provide plain, black 3-ring binder (ring >/= 1”) and pencil. Keep all distributed sheet music in binder in the choral folder cabinets by the windows. Music will be collected periodically. Lost or damaged music may be charged to your student account.
- Ms. Dobbins welcomes contributions of tissues, magnetic dry erase markers, extra black binders, paper towels
- Attire - All students much purchase and/or rent choral attire (rental for one year).
- All Choral Students purchase 2014-2015 Reagan Choirs T-Shirt for $10 - this is spring concert attire!
- Girls – Black Choir Gown (same for band & orch) - $20/rent; $60/purchase
- Boys – Tux – $40/rent; $120 purchase; Tux shirt purchase $17 – yours to keep.
- No food, gum, or drink in rehearsal (plain water is permitted)
- Attendance at 3 quarterly concerts and MPA required, regardless of athletics, jobs or subsequently scheduled appointments. Excused concert absence grades are made up with a singing test on the ensemble’s entire concert repertoire.
- Class attendance – rehearsal absences negatively impact the ensemble. A student who misses more than 2 classes/quarter must make up the rehearsal time after school with Ms. Dobbins. Failure to make up time will disqualify student from singing in the next or quarterly performance, though audience attendance at performance may still be required. Subsequent makeup singing test may include written critique of performance.
- Bella Voce should anticipate one Saturday morning rehearsal in preparation of each major quarterly performance, to be scheduled.
Required Quarterly Performances for All students:
- Fall Concert – Tuesday, October 20, 7:00 pm
- Winter Concert (Chorus and Orchestra) – Tuesday, December 15, 7:00 pm
- Music Performance Adjudication (MPA) – Week of Mar 8-11, up to 1 day out of class
- Spring Concert – Tuesday, May 17, 7:00 pm
Other Events – Auditioned or select:
- NC HS Honors Chorus (select/auditioned, website will be available soon) –
- Teach the Notes Clinic @ UNCG, Saturday, August 29
- Audition Preparation Workshop @ Appalachian State, TBA
- Auditions (likely Sept 25) @ UNCG
- Honors Chorus, November 7-8
- Fine Arts Showcase - Friday, December 18 - during school day (Bella Voce)
- Woods of Terror performance in Greensboro, November TBA (Bella Voce)
- Mars Hill College Choral Festival – (10 Bella Voce students, auditioned)
- Auditions @ Mt Tabor, Oct TBA
- Zone rehearsal @ Mt. Tabor TBA (4:30 – 7:30) (snow date TBA)
- Festival @ Mars Hill College, Feb 5-6 (depart RHS Thursday afternoon, Feb 4)
- All County Chorus @ R. J. Reynolds HS (select, Bella Voce)
- County Rehearsal – Monday, October 19 – 4:30 =6:30 pm - R.J.Reynolds H.S.
- All County Chorus – Wed, Nov 4, 4:30-6:30 pm & Thurs, Nov 5, 8:00 am-8:30 pm (all of Bella Voce performs Thursday night) @ Reynolds Auditorium
- Bella Voce Performance with Piedmont Chamber Singers -
- Tuesday, April 19 (rehearsal) and Saturday April 23 (performance) - times TBA
- All State Chorus (select, Bella Voce & First Ladies)
- Zone Rehearsal @ Reagan HS, TBA, 4:30 – 7:30 pm
- All State Chorus in Raleigh, NC, April 29-30 (we will depart Reagan H.S. the afternoon of Thursday, April 28)
- Chorus Trip to Carowinds – Saturday, TBA