10th Grade Planning Timeline
Adapted from CFNC.org
- Keep or get those grades up! You may have a lot going on this year, but stay focused on your schoolwork.
- Continue conversations with school counselors, teachers, family members & trusted adults about your futute plans!
- Find out about Career & College Promise, IB, AP and other courses your can enroll in for junior year.
- Update your college planning file - or start one, if you haven't already. You can do this at CFNC.org.
- Start or continue participating in extracurricular activities. Don’t join every club; find a few clubs, sports or activities you love!
- If you have room in your schedule, consider a part-time job or volunteer position.
- Make summer count - look into academic enrichment programs, summer workshops and camps w/ focuses on music, arts and sciences
- Explore CAREERS that interest you - find careers that match your interests, abilities, personality, and skill set!
- Start thinking about what factors are important to you in choosing a college: size, location, availability of extracurricular activities, for example.
- READ! Expanding your vocabulary and learning new things will increase your vocabulary and make you interesting!
Last Modified on October 19, 2021