Welcome to our brand new FRESHMEN ACADEMY created to boost your success!
Academy Team Leaders - Mrs. Tammy Johnson, Assistant Principal
Ms. Jessica Williams, School Counselor
9th Grade Planning TimelineAdapted from: www.cfnc.org
- Now that you're in 9th grade, get serious about your future. Start early and be prepared.
- Develop good study habits, attend school daily, love learning and accomplishing goals you set for yourself!
- Talk to school counselors, teachers, family members and trusted adults about your plans for career and/or college. If you're not sure if college is the best option for you, talk to your counselor.
- Take Honors and Seminar classes to prepare for Career and College Promise, IB, or AP courses and for college. If you are serious about college, start now.
- Find out about college entrance requirements for the schools that interest you!
- Create a file of the following documents and notes: report cards, lists of awards and honors, school and community activities, and volunteer work.
- Explore career options and college campuses on line at www.CFNC.org
- Get involved in Parkland campus and area community activities.
- Make summer count! Volunteering and educational programs can help give you a better idea about what kind of training or career fits you.
- College life can be a big change — you're on your own! Try taking some small steps towards independence this year and in the next 3 years, perhaps with more responsibility around your house.