Welcome to Clemmons Elementary!Getting Started with the CES PTAWhether you are a new or returning CES parent, please consider becoming involved with us in any way that works for you. We have opportunities for all types of availabilities and skills! Take some time to explore our website, but in particular, here are some quick links to get you started:
Rides InDrop-off can be pretty chaotic in the mornings! Here are a few tips that will help make things more efficient for everyone!
- Start by joining our PTA and explore our volunteer opportunities (Please note: you must first obtain clearance before volunteering. We encourage you to do this right away, so you are not prohibited from volunteering should something of interest to you become available. See this page for more information on obtaining clearance).
- Sign up for The Parrot Pipeline (our weekly email newsletter) and find us on Facebook and Twitter
- Check out the CES calendar of events (there is always something going on!). You can also subscribe to the calendar, so you're always in the know about what's going on at CES
- There are lots of other ways to support us in your every day shopping activities (e.g., groceries, Amazon, etc.) Link your various accounts to CES and a portion of your sales will go to our school!
- Bookmark and check back with this website for updates
Welcome to CES! Take a look around. We hope to see you soon!
- Drop off begins at 7:25 am and students should be in their classrooms by 7:55 am. There are "sweet spots" when the back lot is practically empty - usually between 7:30 am and 7:40 am. Try leaving 5 or 10 minutes earlier than usual!
- The front parking lot is for grades 3-5 ONLY. If your student is in grades K-2 OR has a younger sibling in grades K-2, they must use the rear parking lot.
- Left hand turns onto Bingham Ave from Stadium Dr or James St or from the front parking lot onto Stadium Dr during drop-off and pick-up are not allowed.
- If you are using the front carline (grades 3-5), please come down Stadium Dr from the Lowe's Foods end and turn right onto Bingham Ave.
- If you are using the back carline (grades K-2 and students with siblings in K-2), please come down James St from the Firestation end and turn right onto Bingham Ave.
- Please give your full attention while on school property. While your car is moving in a school zone, it is important not to be using or talking on your cell phone. You may miss the signal to pull forward.
- You may not drop-oﬀ in the middle of the lot or on the street or in the bus lot and have your child walk across the parking lot unattended.
- Make sure your child is unbuckled and has all belongings in hand before the door is opened.
- The drop-oﬀ zone is on the right-hand side of the car. Place car seats for siblings accordingly. Do not have your children exit the car on the left/driver's side. Everyone should be ready to get out on the passenger side.
- DO NOT get out of the car in the drop-oﬀ line. Your child should be able to unbuckle their own seat belt, have their belongings gathered and be ready to exit when you stop.The safety patrol will assist in opening and shutting the door.
- If your child needs more time at drop-oﬀ, park your car in a designated spot and walk them into the front of the building. The drop-oﬀ line is for quick and efficient exiting of the vehicle. Your child may not be ready for a quick drop-oﬀ, and that is OK.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Try letting your child ride the bus!
Last Modified on March 28, 2023