Connie Adams-Jones, MCL
Fourth Grade Expectations
Our fourth grade team expects each student at Ibraham Elementary to:
* Work independently and collaborate with peers from diverse backgrounds
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Have respect for self and others
* Set individual goals
* Stay organized and be prepared for each academic day
* Use time wisely
* Identify areas of challenge and seek additional support from his/ her teacher
* Show academic and social growth throughout the school year
Below is an overview of what your child can expect to learn in fourth grade:
* Genres (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama)
* Story Elements
* Text Structure
* Text Features
* Reading Comprehension
* Figurative Language
* Narrative, Research, Expository, and Persuasive Writing
* Place Value
* Operations and Problems
* Factors, Prime, and Composite
* Measurement (Metric/Customary)
* Problem Solving
* Earth in the Universe
* Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Landslides, Mudslides, Erosion, and Weathering
* Rocks and Minerals
* Energy Conservation
* Forces and Motion
* Matter and Properties
* Exploration and Colonization
* Migration and Settlement Patterns
* Constitution and Government
* Growth and Development
* Personal Financial Literac
Fourth Grade Supply List
- 1 box washable markers OR colored pencils
- 4 highlighters (different colors)
- 2 packs of pencils
- 1 pencil pouch with zipper
- 2 wide-ruled composition books
- 2 solid-colored pocket folders
- 2 packs wide-ruled paper
- 1 book bag with no wheels
- 1 set of earbuds/headphones for personalized learning
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 hand sanitizer
Wonders Reading Program Online Access Directions:
1. Students log-on to canvas.
2. Students click on McGraw-Hill red icon
3. Students will see book appear and they click Launch
4. Students touch cursor onto the highlighted part/top class name that is outlined.
5. Students will then see their dashboard for Wonders.
*The icon in the far left (green, says TO DO) is where assignments will be.
*The red icon with the cube and “W” have the week’s vocabulary.
*The purple icon with the pencil and paper is for writing work.
*The orange icon with the game controller stores the weekly games.
*The blue icon with the red book is where all weekly text readings are stored.