First Quarter Structures and Functions of Living Organisms: Living and Nonliving Things
Second QuarterForces and Motion: Positions and Motions
- Compare different types of the same animal to determine individual differences
- Compare characteristic of living and nonliving things (structure, growth, changes, movement, basic needs)
Third QuarterMatter, Properties and change: Physical Properties and how they are used
- Positions of objects using position words: in front of, behind, between, on top of, under, above, below and beside.
- How objects move: straight, zigzag, round and round, back and forth, fast and slow.
Fourth QuarterChanges and Patters of Weather
- Classify objects by properties: size, color, shape, texture, weight and flexibility.
- Compare physical properties of different materials (clay, wood, cloth, paper) and how they are used.
- Make observations of changes in the environment using senses.
- Summarize daily weather conditions (daily weather journal)
- Compare weather patterns that occur from season to season