Special Populations Coordinators
The Winston Salem/Forsyth County Schools Career and Technical Education Department Special Population Coordinators (SPC's) provide support for high school students identified in the nine special populations categories in Career and Technical Education.
SPCs support teachers and students in the classroom, complete student's Career Development Plan Plus, and create indicator assessments for special needs students among other student-centered duties.
How can the Special Populations Coordinators help your students?
Need help? Need resources? Need ideas?
Listed below are a few examples of what we can provide your students:
- Assist with identifying and defining Special Populations students
- Explain special populations procedures and policies
- Help with differentiated instruction
- Provide modification suggestions and assist with testing accommodations and classroom strategies
- Help teachers complete required Special Populations paperwork
- Chaperone field experiences
- Assist with classroom activities, labs, projects (providing an extra set of guiding hands and eyes
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the SPC for your respective school via the email listed.
Tonya David firstname.lastname@example.org (Links to an external site.)
Tonya supports the following schools: East Forsyth, Kennedy, Parkland, and the North Building at the Career Center
Cynthia Dixon email@example.com (Links to an external site.)
Cynthia supports the following schools: Atkins, Glenn, Main Street Academy, Winston-Salem Prep, and Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Early Childhood Education, and Health Science at the Career Center.
Audrey Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org
Audrey supports the following schools: Carver, Mt. Tabor, Walkertown and West Forsyth
Tim Sparks email@example.com (Links to an external site.)
Tim supports the following schools: Kingswood, North Forsyth, Reagan, Reynolds and Digital Media at the Career Center.