Glenn Media Center PoliciesMedia Center Hours and Use
- The Glenn media center is open 7:45 am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Occasionally the media center may be closed for meetings and testing.
- Students may come to the media center before or after school without a pass.
- During class hours, students must have a yellow media center pass from their teacher to be in the library.
- All students should sign in at the circulation desk podium.
- Students may have up to three books out for a loan period of two weeks. Books may also be renewed one time.
- Reference books may be checked out overnight with permission.
- Students should only check out books for their personal use. Please do not check out books for other students. You are responsible for all books loaned under your student ID.
- We do not charge late fees for materials.
- Students are responsible for the replacement costs of lost or damaged materials.
- Students may be refused book check outs if materials are overdue by 30 days or if fees are owed for items that are lost or damaged.
- Black and white printouts are available
- 10¢ per page of text
- 25¢ and up for images (depending on size of image)
- PowerPoint presentations should be printed in a 6-slide horizontal layout
- Full page PowerPoint slide copies are $1.00 per page
Drinks and Food
- Water is allowed in the media center except by computers. Please do not bring any other drinks into the media center.
- Please do not bring food into the media center.
Cell Phone Use
- Students may not have Facetime or verbal calls in the media center.
- No filming or photos are permitted unless explicitly allowed by their teacher for/during a class that is in the media center.
- Earbuds/earphones may be used in the media center provided the volume level is not a distraction to other students or staff.
- Students are expected to exhibit exemplary behavior as outlined in the Robert B. Glenn Student Handbook.
- Please keep the media center clean and in good order for the benefit of yourself, fellow students and staff.
- Students must abide by the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools acceptable use policy
Updated 12/6/2019. Created 10/2013 LGB