Welcome to Sedge Garden Elementary's Reading CornerThe more that you READ,The more things your will know.The more that you LEARN,The more places you'll go!- Dr. Seuss
Helpful Tips When Reading With Your Child
20 minutes a day is all it takes! Here are a few tips to building better readers.
1. Read every day!!
2. Ask questions while reading.
3. Read favorite books again and again.
4. Share all different kinds of books (non-fiction, poetry, stories).
5. Read with expression.
Why is it important to question your child about what they are reading?
Questioning helps improve comprehension of the text…
· By interacting with text.
· By motivating themselves to read.
· By clarifying information in the text.
· By inferring beyond the literal meaning.Suggested Summer Reading ListReading Resources