Scavenger Hunt Page 1 - complete on a separate sheet of paper!1. Describe the process a virus undergoes to sustain itself.2. How are viruses spread - all ways(Vectors are objects or a means of spreading disease)3. Give an example of a vector.4. Illustrate the 4 virus types- describe each one5. Describe how bacteria survive including reproduction.6. Illustrate 3 types of bacteria - describe each7. List 2 benefits and 2 side effects of antibiotics.
Scavenger Hunt Page 2
1. Describe how fungi “operate” (reproduce, survive in their environment, and issues they cause)
2. Explain why parasites are deadly to their host and give an example of a parasite host relationship.
3. Describe the spread of disease in an “Outbreak situation”
4. Tell the difference between epidemic and pandemic.
5. How do diseases in other countries affect the United States?
6. Describe one pandemic and the effects to society.
7. Which is worse epidemic or pandemic?
Study guide Scavenger Hunt Page 3
1. Describe density-dependent limiting factors. Give an example. What are they triggered by?
2. Describe density-independent limiting factors. These factors are mostly __________? Give an example.
3. Explain the difference between abiotic and biotic factors. Give an example of each.
4. Describe what will happen to a population if a change occurs in the abiotic or biotic factors.
5. Describe an ecosystem.
6. What is predation?
7. Describe the relationship between populations of prey and predator.
Study Guide Scavenger Hunt page 4 and 5
1. Describe the different types of symbiotic relationships.
2. What is the ultimate source of energy?
3. Draw and label a food chain (include all types of consumers).
Study Guide Scavenger Hunt On page 6 & 7:
Make up 4 questions you think I would ask you and answer them
Science Study Guide Scavenger Hunt Pg. 6
1. Describe the 3 different pyramids.
2. What does the theory of evolution say?
1. Explain why it is important to have a balanced diet.2. Energy in= ____ ___
Pg. 9 and 10
1. Explain the difference between elements, compounds and mixtures.
2. Explain why groups are sometimes called families.
3. What is the difference between chemical and physical change
4. How does a balanced equation explain the law of conservation of mass?
5. Matter cannot be ______ or ______.Use this test to practice!!