++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Class Rules & ExpectationsOur goal in Room 23 is to make the classroom a fun, safe, andexciting place where students can't wait to come back!Daily practice of class and school procedures will help your child to feelsecure in his or her new learning environment andencourage personal responsibility and a love of learning.In order for every student to have a great year of fun and learning,certain standards of behavior are expected of each student.In Room 23, we expect students to "give us 5" :1- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.2- Be polite.3 - Listen.4 - Follow directions the 1st time.5 - Raise your hand to speak.
- We use a combination of positive rewards and consequences (though we like positive rewards best!)
- Positive Rewards could include, but not necessarily limited to, positive notes home, extra computer time, or hosting a "friend and me" booth at lunch time.
- Students can also earn "Parrot Dollars" for positive behavior, and purchase items from the school rewards shop!
- Consequences could include quiet lunch, silent recess walk, and/or a note home.
- We NEVER use snack/food as a reward or punishment.
We want each student to feel welcome and want to be at school, so we have declared Room 23 a"NO BULLY ZONE!We frequently discuss as a class what bullying (physical and verbal) is...Why we should not do it, and what to do about it.We use a "smiley guy" daily behavior sheet and color code system. Thesheet will be marked with one of the following colors to let you know howyour child's behavior was for the day.GREEN- Go, good behaviorYELLOW- Caution, behavior off task, needs improvementRED- Stop, behavior needs to be changed