Welcome to Ms. Norris' Student Services page!
I am the counselor for all students with last names starting with C - Gn. I grew up in New Jersey, and attended Wake Forest University and the University of Virginia. I worked as a counselor for 12 years in Stokes County before being employed at Reagan High, and I'm thrilled to be working at this fantastic school!
What does your counselor do?
- Meets with students to make an appropriate educational plan by helping with course selections and college choices, and monitoring progress toward graduation.
- Provides support to students needing help dealing with personal issues, including problems with friends, difficulties at home, and struggles with school.
- Helps students improve their study skills, communication skills, coping skills, and general life skills.
- Consults with parents and teachers to share information about students' progress and come up with appropriate solutions for problems with grades, behavior, and overall school performance.
- Coordinates effective communication between teachers, parents, and students.