Mrs. Allen’s Laptop Contract
● I understand that it is a privilege to have constant access to a laptop.
● I will use my laptop as I am guided by my teacher and school staff members, which means that I will only be on websites or computer programs required for my assignment.
● I understand that I am responsible for using the computer in a respectful manner.
● I must follow Mount Tabor High School rules while I am using the laptop, no Facebook or other social media, inappropriate images, no charging cell phones, etc.
● I will always follow internet safety rules as outlined in the District Acceptable Use Policy that I signed.
● I will only use my computer unless I have permission from my classmate to use theirs.
● I will use care when using the laptop. I will not eat or drink while laptops are in use. I will protect the laptop from being dropped or damaged.
● I understand there will be consequences for improper behavior while using the laptop computer, including discipline referrals or being barred from using a laptop in Mrs. Allen’s class.
Non-negotiable Guidelines for Use
1 These devices are a privilege, not a right.
2 Handle the device carefully and respectfully. Laptops should be handled/carried with both hands. You are responsible for your device.
3 Only use the device assigned to you.
4 Protect your device! Take preventative measure so it does not get damaged, scratched, bumped, or bruised!
5 Make sure you place your laptop in your corresponding numbered location in the laptop lock box so it can charge & be kept safe.
6 Do not eat or drink near your device.
7 Remain on task!
8 Listen and follow directions given by the teacher. “Click it” means close your laptop & direct your attention to your teacher.
9 Respect everyone’s ideas and be a good listener! Allow everyone to contribute.
10 Students will be held accountable for all other school guidelines & policies.