R. J. Reynolds High School
The mission of R.J. Reynolds High School is to provide a safe, supportive, and arts-enriched learning environment that encourages all students to realize their potential, become continuous learners, and graduate as responsible, productive, and creative citizens.
- We value all students. We teach all students. We serve all students.
- We teach students skills to learn independently, self-advocate, and be responsible for their own learning, mistakes, and future.
- Students, staff, parents, and the community support one another with empathy and tolerance.
- A respect for the tradition and heritage of R.J. Reynolds High School informs our perspective and guides our actions.
- Academics, arts, and athletics conspire to develop the whole student and promote character growth.
- Academics are the core focus of the school. We maintain high expectations for all students and teachers and promote academic excellence and growth.
- Teachers foster student engagement by employing a variety of methods, tools, and technology with a clear purpose and goal in mind.
- The arts enhance the delivery of curriculum and empower students as learners in all classes.
- The theme of “Arts for Academics” weaves through our practice and culture, positively impacting all students.
- Arts are worthwhile endeavors on their own and inspire creativity in the student body, the staff, and the R.J. Reynolds community.
- Arts are essential elements in creating connections and expanding cultural literacy.
- Building a comprehensive athletics program instills collective pride in the student body, the staff, and the R.J. Reynolds community.
- Athletic involvement forges character that will translate into students’ academic endeavors by imparting responsibility and instilling goal-oriented discipline that will endure throughout their lives after high school.
- Participation in athletic activity promotes a healthy body and mind.