Senior Exam Exemptions
Exam Exemptions for Seniors
Adopted by WSFCS School Board 8/23/2011
- Students who are not seniors are not eligible for exam exemptions.
- Seniors may be exempted at the point when final grades are being given – either first or second semester.
- Seniors may be exempted from a final exam in a one-unit of credit semester block course, a two-unit of credit year long block course, or a one-unit year long course
- with a grade of “A” and no more than five (5) absences during the school year
- with a grade of “B” and no more than three (3) absences during the school year
- with a grade of “C” and zero (0) absences during the school year
- Seniors may be exempted from the final exam in half-unit semester courses
- with a grade of “A” and no more than two (2) absences during the semester
- with a grade of “B” and no more than one (1) absence during the semester
- with a grade of “C” and zero (0) absences during the semester
- Seniors will be allowed up to three (3) absences due to
- Death in the immediate family
- Religious holiday
- College scholarship interview
Students must provide a copy of the scholarship interview invitation and proof of attendance, documentation of family member’s death, or proof of attending required religious services in order for these absences not to be considered in determining eligibility for exam exemptions. Please note: Students may have a maximum of three (3) total absences for any or all of these occurrences, not three for each category.
Note: Seniors may not be exempt from final exams required by the NC Department of Public Instruction. These final exams which seniors may not exempt include End of Course tests, or CTE course final exams, or North Carolina Final Exams, and others that may be identified.