A School Counselor is an essential part of Hall-Woodward staff. Here at Hall-Woodward Elementary, we're lucky to have TWO School Counselors who work to help all students gain knowledge and skills in the areas of academics,behavior, career awareness and personal/social development.
Here is how that is accomplished:
* Teaching guidance lessons, K-5
* Individual & Small Group Counseling
* Work with school staff and community to help children be successful
* Attend counselor meetings and workshops to gain new information
* Plan, manage, and assess the guidance curriculum program
What topics do school counselors talk about with students?
* Communication with others
* Academic Success
* Conflict Resolution
* Making good choices
* Coping with change and loss
* Personal strengths/limits
* Career awareness, work, and study skills