Week of 10/27/14By permission of Steve Kelley and Creators Syndicate, Inc.Ebola Scare
- After two people in the U.S. became infected with Ebola and another died from it, fear of the disease seems to be escalating. Some have called for quarantining people arriving from West Africa, others urged travel bans on flights to and from affected countries, and schools in two states closed their doors temporarily. What is the man wearing at the Halloween party?
- Why do you think the woman on the left calls the man’s outfit “tasteless”? What’s his response?
- What do you think the cartoonist is trying to say about Ebola fears in the U.S.? Do you agree? Why or why not?
- Some people have criticized the media for helping stoke anxiety about Ebola. Do you agree or disagree with that claim? How should the media responsibly inform the public about the disease without alarming people?
- Are you or people you know scared of contracting Ebola? Why or why not?