- Begin the season in proper physical condition.
- Get an adequate amount of rest. Give the body plenty of time to recover between workouts.
- Eat a balanced diet. (More information located in the nutrition section)
- Drink plenty of fluids (water, Gatorade/PowerAde). Avoid soda and caffeinated drinks.
- Work on proper flexibility.
- Check protective equipment daily.
- Practice techniques that your coach's teach.
Avoiding Flu and Colds
- Do not share food or drink with other people.
- Wash hands before eating, several times throughout the day, before bed. Many virus' are contacted by touching surfaces.
- Shower after practices and do not share towels.
- Wear proper clothing for weather. Add clothing in colder weather and wear hats.
- Eat a balanced diet and stay hydrated.
- Get rest.