Child Nutrition Application Process
The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School’s Child Nutrition Department is committed to providing our students well balanced attractive meals, superior customer service, and nutrition education that will inspire our community to engage in a healthy lifestyle.Child Nutrition Workers include:Food Service Supervisor Trainees, Kitchen Assistants and Temp-to-Hire Kitchen Assistants.
Items to Gather Before Applying
- Employment history (complete dates MM/YYYY, contact info)
- Resume, cover letter and other supporting documents
- Personal and Professional References
Application Process for Child Nutrition Positions
- WS/FCS hires Child Nutrition workers directly and through a temp-to-hire process.
- Please complete a classified application. Applications are available at the Administrative Center (475 Corporate Square Dr., Winston-Salem - map), or can be downloaded and printed here -- Classified Employment Application.
- Return your fully completed application to the receptionist at the Administrative Center. Please review each form for accuracy and ensure that they are signed and dated on both the front and back if applicable.
- One can also apply on-line by searching our Job Board for 'Generic' positions and submitting an on-line application.
- To be considered for a Supervisor Trainee position, one must have a high school diploma and two full-time years experience or the equivalent in the Food Service industry.
- Applications are kept in an active status for a period of 3 months.
Application Process for Child Nutrition Substitute Positions
- WS/FCS has partnered with Carolina Placement, Inc. (CPI) and Professional Staffing Solutions to fill our need for substitute Child Nutrition workers.
- Alternatively, if you would like to sub instead of working full-time, please contact CPI at 336.794.2401 or Professional Staffing Solutions at 252.940.0070.
- Follow their application instructions and contact them directly to let them know of your interest.
Each worker is provided the necessary training to complete their assignment. In addition, here are the Kitchen Assistant requirements:
- Understand and follow instructions
- Experience working with food
- Have good customer service skills
- Have the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Perform simple math calculations and the ability to follow recipes
Here are the Supervisor requirements:
- Have general computer skills
- Be able to perform simple math calculations
- Have supervisory experience
- Be able to coach and train staff
- Be able to give and receive instructions
Yes. The requirements are as follows:
- Attend a three-four hour New Hire Orientation
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screening
- Be free of TB and completion of a health certificate
- Be able to follow simple instructions and follow recipes
- Physical requirments include: lifting up to 35 lbs, bending, reaching, standing, and walking unassisted