Custodial Workers Application Process
Custodial Workers keep our schools in immaculate shape! They are the 'behind the scenes' workers and a vital part of our organization.Custodial Workers include: Lead Custodian, Day Porters, Substitute Custodian
Items to Gather Before Applying
- Employment history (complete dates MM/YYYY, contact info)
- Resume, cover letter and other supporting documents
- Personal and Professional References
Application Process for Custodial Positions
- Please complete a classified application. Applications are available at the Administrative Center (475 Corporate Square Dr., Winston-Salem - map), or can be downloaded and printed here -- Classified Employment Application.
- Applications are kept in an active status for a period of 3 months.
- Return your fully completed application to the Receptionist at the Administrative Center or mail to the following address:
WS/FCS HR, P.O. Box 2513, Winston-Salem, NC 27102-2513
- For a posted position, applications must be received by the designated deadline.
- You will hear from the Housekeeping Supervisor in the event that you are selected for an interview.
The Lead provides technical direction, schedules work projects, oversees work of the crew, performs custodial work in assigned areas, orders supplies and locks up and secures the building.
The Day Porter opens the building, is the sole custodial presence for the majority of the day, receives supplies, provides support, performs custodial work in assigned area and monitors the grounds.
A Lead position requires 3 years of full-time professional custodial experience where a Day Porter requires 1 year of full-time custodial experience.