Please Note for PayPal:When entering Winston Salem do NOT use the dash/hyphen.Please consider adding a few extra dollars to your donation to offset administrative fees from PayPal. PayPal is being used by the RJ Reynolds High School PTSA for its Legacy Campaign.The WS/FC School System does not promote or endorse the use of PayPal.RJR Legacy Campaign 2018-2019
Thanks to the loyalty of past donors and a growing number of new contributors, the Legacy Campaign continues to raise an average of $100,000 each year in direct support of our students and faculty in pursuit of excellence. Every gift, no matter the size, makes a difference as we take great pride in the participation of everyone in our school community.
What is the Legacy Campaign?
An all-inclusive annual fundraiser that supports academics, arts and athletics. The campaign gives parents, faculty, alumni, community partners and students the opportunity to provide financial support critical to the continued success of programs at Reynolds. The Legacy Campaign is the only PTSA/Booster Club contribution you will be asked to make this year.
What does the Legacy Campaign support?
Thirty percent of the funds go directly to the Booster Club to help fund the athletic needs of the school. The remaining funds are given as a gift to the school to address academics and arts requests from faculty and staff. Technology continues to be a top priority at Reynolds, whether it be updating or purchasing new computers or charging carts. Thoughtful input and recommendations are provided by our School Improvement Team (SIT).
How can I make a contribution?
Giving is easy! Just select your giving level and
• Send in the pledge card (stop by the school to pick up a pledge card or print off a form below) with a check, or
• Pay via PayPal (see link/donate button above) and send in a pledge card.
Remember, all donations are tax-deductible as law permits.
Please help us achieve our $100,000 fundraising goal for 2018-19. Every dollar raised touches the heart, mind, body and soul of each student at RJ Reynolds High School in some way.Examples of how the 2017-18 Legacy Campaign donations were spent:Academics:
- Provided opportunities for teachers to attend various academic conferences to improve instruction
- Provided collaboration opportunities for teachers to align curriculum and create common assessments
- Purchased 7 computer carts which allowed for 238 Chrome books to be distributed throughout school
- Provided needed resources to support classroom libraries
- Provided funds for school library to support media center collection
- New microphones purchased for Acappella
- New drumsticks for drumline
- Arts Hall of Fame Celebration
- Student field trips to Reynolda House
- Two teachers attended the National Magnet Conference to receive RJRs award as a School of Distinction
- Campus-wide performance of Les Miserables
- Lunchtime performances on the Gfellar Stage
- Department stipend for new uniforms and coaches apparel
- Coaches luncheon
- HUDL subscription for all sports
- Football Concessions
- Field Maintenance on new practice field, Bolton Field, Hanes Park and Deaton-Thompson
- Assisted with funding of weight room improvements
- Assisted with hotel expenses at State Tournament competitions
- Provided Senior Blankets to all senior student-athletes
- Provided trophy stipends for Conference Champions and State Champions
- Provided athlete plaques for All-Conference, All-Region and All-State
If you have any questions, please email Kelly Harris at RJRLegacy@gmail.com .Legacy Donation Form --> Click HereMake your check payable to : RJ Reynolds High School PTSAMail to: RJR Legacy Fund301 N. Hawthorne RoadWinston-Salem, NC 27104