Before the Test
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep before the test.
- After a full night’s sleep, get up a few minutes earlier so your morning is relaxed instead of rushed.Make sure your child eats a nutritious breakfast before the test.
- Keep your home calm during testing week. Reduce outside activities to keep your child stress free.
- Don’t be late for school – arrive on time.
- Provide lots of encouragement to your children. Tell them how proud you are of them.
Test Taking Strategies – During the Test
- Answer all the questions. Don’t leave any blank – blank answers are counted as incorrect answers.
- Pay close attention to the teacher’s instructions, and read directions carefully.
- Read questions carefully, looking for words like ALWAYS or NEVER that change a question’s meaning.
- If you’re not sure of an answer, try to eliminate the choices you know are not correct. Then choose the best answer from the remaining choices.
- Monitor your time, making sure you answer all the questions. Don’t worry if other students are finished before you are.
- Don’t rush, but check over your answers if you finish early.
Last Modified on May 22, 2015