English IV: Overview of Course
The College and Career Ready Common Core Standards for English IV students states that students who are proficient in Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Language
should display the following attributes:
· They demonstrate independence.
· They build strong content knowledge.
· They respond to the varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline.
· They comprehend as well as critique.
· They value evidence.
· They use technology and digital media strategically and capably.
· They come to understand other perspectives and cultures.
Students in English IV will integrate all the language arts skills gained throughout their education. Students continue to explore informational and literary texts with a focus on British Literature.
English IV: Supplies
Each student will need a composition notebook, pack of note cards, a folder with pockets, notebook paper, pen, pencil, and highlighters for class each day.
English IV: Course Outline
English IV: Daily Class Schedule