JoinPTA stands for Parent-Teacher Association. The PTA supports all students, teachers and staff, promotes student academics and self-esteem, and meets school needs through volunteering and funding. The CES PTA has been supporting Clemmons Elementary for over 25 years and we are proud to be one of the strongest PTAs in the state!
Whether you are a new or returning parent, we encourage you to become involved! Your first step is to join the PTA. Joining is easy! Just follow the link below:
1) Join the PTA! (You can pay online through this link: $6 individual)
If you have any questions, please contact our Vice President of Volunteer Coordination, Kristin Toruno by clicking hereAs a PTA member, you are welcome and encouraged to attend all of our meetings. PTA members vote to approve budgets and influence discussions regarding school improvements.To learn more about our PTA and all that we do for CES, we encourage you to visit the About the PTA page.
VolunteerWe have lots of volunteer opportunities to fit every schedule and interest (long-term vs. short-term, onsite vs. home)! Moms, dads, grandparents, guardians and caregivers and community members are all welcome.If you have any questions at any time, please contact our Vice President of Volunteer Coordination, Kristin Toruno, by clicking here.
Getting StartedIf you are interested in volunteering for the PTA, complete the following steps to get started:
- Apply for volunteer security clearance through the WSFCS system here (If you are interested in unsupervised approval, please complete the entire volunteer application and click each box of "interests". Unsupervised volunteer approvals are required for field trips and necessary for any situation in which an adult may be alone with a child.
- Complete the Volunteer Confidentiality Form and turn it in to the front office
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation session or view the presentation from a past session here)
- Parents should not volunteer in their child's class for specials or testing.
Information for Current Volunteers
- When volunteering at school, sign-in on the Identi-kid computer in the front office as a "Volunteer". These hours will be automatically tracked. Don't forget to sign out when you leave.
- For volunteer time you contribute at home, meeting, field trips, running errands, etc., keep track and let Kristin Toruno know. It's important that you log these hours, so we can accurately capture the commitment of our PTA volunteers!
- Volunteer Handbook and Forms
- Be sure to renew your volunteer application annually. If you are unsure of your volunteer status, please contact Kristin Toruno or Assistant Principal Richard Breedlove at firstname.lastname@example.org