Edgenuity is primarily used for credit recovery students who have received an “F” in their face to face course. These courses are developed by the content Program Managers and the Online Program Manager. Edgenuity includes courses in Math, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, Foreign Language, advanced placement, general electives and test preparation in grades 6th – 12th. Edgenuity can also be used for:
- Blended learning or flipped classroom instruction.
- Whole class instruction for introduction or review.
- Grade recovery for students who need assistance in understanding a concept and replace a failing grade.
- Extended time, anytime access and printed video transcripts for all students.
- Hearing, seeing, experiencing content in a different way.
- Enrichment for students who need something extra to achieve an “A”
- Assigning ISS or ALC students lesson activities.
- ESL students can change the online text to their native language.
- Students who are absent for an extended period of time.
High schools have 2 different schools (databases). High schools have a credit bearing school which is used for credit recovery students and they have a blended school which is used for everything else. Students and teachers will have a separate login for the 2 different schools. The credit recovery students and teachers will have a "cr" at the end of their username and the blended students and teachers will have a "wsf" at the end of their username.